Leaving your beloved pets in the care of a trusted pet sitter can bring peace of mind during your travels. To ensure a smooth and worry-free experience for both you and your pet sitter, preparation is key. In this blog post, we’ll provide a concise checklist for homeowners, focusing on keeping your Time To Pet account current, clear instructions, and essential contact details. Plus, we’ll touch on the importance of winter weather preparations and emergency readiness.
- Update Your Time To Pet Account: Your Digital Pet Care Hub
First and foremost, make sure your Time To Pet account is current and accurate:
- Pet Profiles: Ensure all your pets are listed in your account. Include their names, ages, breeds, and any medical or dietary needs. Upload clear and recent photos to help your pet sitter identify them easily.
- Emergency Contacts: Verify that your emergency contact information is up to date. Provide multiple contacts, including a trusted neighbor or family member, in case your pet sitter needs assistance.
- Access Details: Update instructions for accessing your home. Include any security codes, alarm system details, and where to find spare keys or key fobs.
- Detailed Pet Care Instructions
Clear and concise instructions are crucial for your pet sitter:
- Feeding Routine: Outline your pets’ feeding schedule, including portion sizes and any dietary restrictions. Specify the location of food, bowls, and any necessary medications.
- Exercise Needs: Describe your pets’ exercise requirements. Note their favorite toys and activities to keep them engaged.
- Medications and Health: If your pets require medication, provide clear instructions on dosage, administration times, and any potential side effects to watch for.
- Behavioral Insights: Share insights into your pet’s behavior, such as fears, triggers, or favorite hiding spots. This helps your pet sitter build trust with your pets more quickly.
- Home Safety and Maintenance
Ensure your home is safe and well-maintained during your absence:
- Home Temperature: Adjust your thermostat to a comfortable temperature for your pets, especially during the winter. If your pet sitter will be responsible for adjusting it, please provide instructions.
- Winter Weather Preparations: For winter travel, refer to our Winter Safety blog for tips on preparing your home for cold weather, including pipe insulation and ice melt.
- Emergency Preparedness: Prepare for unforeseen circumstances by referring to our Emergency Prep blog for guidance on creating an emergency kit and sharing its location with your pet sitter. Sign up now and book your holiday pet and home care services today!
By following this straightforward checklist, you’ll set the stage for a successful and worry-free pet-sitting experience. Keeping your Time To Pet account current, providing clear instructions, and having emergency plans in place will ensure your pets are happy, healthy, and safe while you’re away. With these preparations, you can embark on your travels with confidence, knowing that your trusted pet sitter has everything they need to care for your pets and your home.